Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
I have tested positive for antibodies indicative of MG
07-08-2012, 01:30 PM
I have tested positive for antibodies indicative of MG
I have tested positive for antibodies indicative of MG. I am a 22 years old female, but my sfemg was negative. My main complaint is double vision, trouble chewing and hip weakness. I also experience shortness of breath when I am really tired. Do i really have myasthenia? My neuro won't give me a definite answer. I take mestinon 60 mg tid. I am not comfortable taking a medication for a disorder I do not truly have. Will my symptoms get worse. I wanted to take my thymus gland out but my neuro will not confirm diagnosis..... what to do?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
07-08-2012, 01:37 PM
RE: I have tested positive for antibodies indicative of MG
The common symptom of Myasthenia Gravis is progressive muscle weakness that gets worse with your exercises & activities. That’s why you may feel well in the morning, but as the day goes on or you start activities you may fell tired.

In many patients, rest improves the muscle strength so the condition. In addition, muscle atrophy may appear in some patients with severe weakness if they have MG for many years. Although MG does not cause any muscle cramping, but Mestinon that is usually prescribed to treat the symptoms may be associated with muscle spasms, twitching of the muscles, and cramps. If you suffer continuous cramps and muscle weakness, please arrange an appointment with a neurologist right away.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply