Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Lyme disease or MS?
07-04-2012, 01:32 PM
Lyme disease or MS?
I was diagnosed with MS 6 year ago. Is is possible it can be Lyme disease and not MS? MRI shows lesions with some disability progression. Have tried ALL MS meds with no help.

My history might lean toward Lyme. Age 15 thought to have had Rhematic fever but never confirmed. Oval skin rash, extreme exhaustion, lasted for 6 to 8 months, slept for days at a time, high fevers of 104, on and off growing up with some balance issues and migraine headaches from time to time. Was active in generally good health until age 39 when I had surgery for skin cancer on my forehead. 4 days after the surgery, severe back pain and the paralyzed on right side of body. Spinal fluid normal, elevated protein, only thing was MRI showed lesions in the brain and neck. Symptoms on and off, steroids and interferons made things worse. My pharamist asked if I was ever tested for Lyme and the answer was no. Could it be that I really have Lyme and need serious antobiotics?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
07-04-2012, 01:36 PM
RE: Lyme disease or MS?
Highly recommend finding a lyme literate Dr. in your area.

Interestingly, there have been cases where persons were diagnosed with MS or ALS, and made a full recovery after testing positive and treated for lyme. There is quite a bit of controversy about testing for lyme, which is one reason why you need a lyme literate doctor. Unfortunately, some Drs. have gotten themselves in trouble for prescribing long term iv antibiotics for suspected lyme cases (insurance cos. don't like paying).

Some people have improved with the iv treatment, despite never testing positive. Seven years ago, I had the characteristic rash, but tested negative. I was given oral antibiotics for one month. I tend to get a bunch of weird feelings now and again, but still test negative at every physical. Maybe it's still in me. I don't know. From what I have learned, the oral meds will treat it if caught early, but once it goes on to a neuro lyme, then you need iv meds for a while. Of course, that brings side effects into the equation.

In addition to causing all kinds of neuro problems (including abnormal findings on brain mri), advance lyme can literally make you go insane. Also, steroid therapy makes it worse. From your description, it certainly sounds possible, if not probable. I am not a Dr., but I have read quite a bit on it. Please take my advice and do some research for someone. I wish you the best.
09-12-2013, 11:38 PM
The U.S. Market for Fence, Deck and Rail Products
The U.S. <a href=http://www.hottimsu.com>fake 0akleys</a> Marketplace for Fence, Deck and Rail Items

The will probably obtain a boost from an elevated curiosity about home renovation, that is forecasted <a href=http://www.hottimsu.com>Fake 0akleys</a> to develop by 62% from 2006 to 2016. A lot of the interest in outside remodeling work is going to be driven by affluent homes with earnings of $75,000 or even more. Additionally, there's a greater interest in outside living items among "trendy" home owners.

"Because the housing and construction market still struggle, eco-friendly building items happen to be a vibrant place," comments Trina Minkler, Connect Editor of SBI. "The flourishing eco-friendly building market continues its rapid expansion within the next 4 years and it is likely to double in revenue. The FDR industry can be around the leading edge from the eco-friendly <a href=http://www.hottimsu.com>Fake 0akleys Frogskin</a> transformation, especially by using composite, vinyl along with other wood-alternative items which are designed with added environment benefits."